Today, as a Life Coach, I support clients as they develop, shift, and change, creating their lives, working through challenges, and managing businesses.
I’ve also been drawn to the arts both as an advisor and a participant. This led me to my own niche as a Multi-Media Artist. Today, I participate in solo and group shows offering my Fiber Paintings, weaving, and Photo-Haiku Snapshots.
I have always been committed to people’s self-awareness and supportive of people’s development and creativity. Today, in my video podcasts, Creating from the Heart – The Artistry of Living, I encourage others to share stories of their creativity, hoping to inspire and light the fire in the lives of others.
Women in Leadership
Suzy Vance was featured on PBS Michiana as a woman entrepreneur with a fascinating story. She speaks about her career as an attorney and the path that led her to become a Life Coach and multi-media artist. Watch to hear more about this captivating journey from Suzy herself.
- BA University of Michigan
- JD DePaul University College of Law
- LLM, Health Law – DePaul University College of Law
- State of Indiana Law License – retired
- State of Illinois Law License – retired
- United States Supreme Court
- Suzy Vance LLC – Owner/Principal 1988 – present (retired from the practice of law in 1991)
- Arnstein and Lehr – Partner – 1985-1988
- Mandel, Lipton, and Stevenson, Ltd. – Partner – 1980-1985
- Glazer and Vance – Founding Partner – 1976-1980
Certificates and Continuing Education
- MariEL- Reiki Training – Ethel Lombardi
- Divorce Mediation – Zena Zumata Mediation Services
- Mediation of Business, Family, and Divorce Conflicts – Mediation of Conflict Management Services
- Mediation of Civil, Commercial, and Business Disputes – Mediation of Conflict Management Services
- Internal Family Systems, Levels I, II, and III – Center for Self-Leadership
- Access Consciousness Bars® and Body Process Facilitator
- Access Consciousness Facelift Body Process Facilitator
- Access Consciousness Foundation, Choice of Possibilities, 3-Day Body Classes, Advanced 3-Day Body Class
- Access Consciousness Classes:
- Three Access Bars® Classes
- Four 4-Day Access Foundation Classes
- Two 3-Day Choice of Possibility Classes
- Three 3-Day Body Process Classes
- Three 3-Day Advanced Body Process Classes
- 2011 Junior Achievement of La Porte County – Volunteer of the Year
- 2000 Athena Award
- 1999 Leadership of La Porte County Graduate
Community Service Highlights
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust, Inc. – Member of the Board of Directors, Chair, Marketing and Communications Committee, Co-Chair Annual Benefit, member of other committees 2004 – present
- Rotary District 6540 – 2005-2007 District Trainer
- Rotary Club of Michigan City – Past President, Past Coordinator of STRIVE High School Mentoring Program for 17 years; President Rotary Club of Michigan City Foundation
- Gateway Foundation, Inc. – Past President, Board member for 20 years over a 30 year period 1981 – 1991 and 2000 – 2010.
- Illinois Fair Employment Practices Commission (now the Illinois Human Rights Commission) – Member and Former Chair 1973-1977