As a lawyer, I represented clients in a variety of personal and professional conflicts, including representing a client successfully before the United States Supreme Court. Over the years, I became a Life Coach.
Today, as a Coach, I support clients, particularly artists, as they develop, shift, and change, creating their life and managing their businesses and other challenges.
Throughout my life, I’ve been drawn to the arts both as a spectator and a participant. This led me to my own niche as a Multi-Media Artist.
Today, as a Multi-Media Artist, I participate in solo and group shows offering my Fiber Paintings, weaving, and Photo-Haiku Snapshots.
- BA University of Michigan
- JD DePaul University College of Law
- LLM, Health Law – DePaul University College of Law
- State of Indiana Law License – retired
- State of Illinois Law License – retired
- United States Supreme Court
- Suzy Vance LLC – Owner/Principal 1988 – present (retired from the practice of law in 1991)
- Arnstein and Lehr – Partner – 1985-1988
- Mandel, Lipton, and Stevenson, Ltd. – Partner – 1980-1985
- Glazer and Vance – Founding Partner – 1976-1980
Certificates and Continuing Education
- MariEL- Reiki Training – Ethel Lombardi
- Divorce Mediation – Zena Zumata Mediation Services
- Mediation of Business, Family, and Divorce Conflicts – Mediation of Conflict Management Services
- Mediation of Civil, Commercial, and Business Disputes – Mediation of Conflict Management Services
- Internal Family Systems, Levels I, II, and III – Center for Self-Leadership
- Access Consciousness Bars® and Body Process Facilitator
- Access Consciousness Facelift Body Process Facilitator
- Access Consciousness Foundation, Choice of Possibilities, 3-Day Body Classes, Advanced 3-Day Body Class
- Access Consciousness Classes:
- Three Access Bars® Classes
- Four 4-Day Access Foundation Classes
- Two 3-Day Choice of Possibility Classes
- Three 3-Day Body Process Classes
- Three 3-Day Advanced Body Process Classes
- 2011 Junior Achievement of La Porte County – Volunteer of the Year
- 2000 Athena Award
- 1999 Leadership of La Porte County Graduate
Community Service Highlights
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust, Inc. – Member of the Board of Directors, Chair, Marketing and Communications Committee, Co-Chair Annual Benefit, member of other committees 2004 – present
- Rotary District 6540 – 2005-2007 District Trainer
- Rotary Club of Michigan City – Past President, Past Coordinator of STRIVE High School Mentoring Program for 17 years; President Rotary Club of Michigan City Foundation
- Gateway Foundation, Inc. – Past President, Board member for 20 years over a 30 year period 1981 – 1991 and 2000 – 2010.
- Illinois Fair Employment Practices Commission (now the Illinois Human Rights Commission) – Member and Former Chair 1973-1977